JUNO Award Nominated Artists Silverstein & The Trews To Take The Stage
Toronto, ON – Today, Soundbox Productions and Skware Eyes Collaborative are excited to launch a new drive in series – Live At The Drive-In in Ancaster, ON., the biggest of its kind in Canada. The Ancaster Fairgrounds and the Live At The Drive In concert series will play host to a number of events throughout the fall of 2020, including the recently announced concert with Southern Ontario hard rock band and JUNO Award nominated, Silverstein on Friday, September 25 and JUNO Award nominated, chart toppers The Trews on Saturday, October 3.
In this unprecedented time, Live At The Drive-In is thrilled to be bringing live music, and other special events to Ontario. Touted as Canada’s largest Drive-In Concert Experience, the grounds are without question the largest space for an outdoor show in Canada so far. The ability to host hundreds of cars, while maintaining adequate social distancing makes the grounds are perfectly set up for these shows.
Additional line up announcements in the coming days at www.atthedrivein.ca .
National Canadian Film Day
Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival and National Canadian Film Day partner to celebrate rich Canadian cinematic culture. Here is your schedule for today's events.
April 22, beginning at 7:00 PM EDT
7:00 PM – Marauder screening on YouTube.
7:20 PM – Live Q&A with Dir. Brendon Rathbone on Instagram Live
7:45 PM – Which Way is East screening on YouTube.
8:30 PM – Live Q&A with Dir. Blake Sovdi on Instagram Live
9:00 PM – Live Q&A with Dir. Michael McGowan on Instagram Live
9:30 PM – One Week screening on Amazon Prime*
All times are Eastern Daylight Time. Atlantic +1. Central -1. Mountain -2. Pacific -3.
*Not an Amazon Prime subscriber? Amazon is providing a free 30-day trial so you'll be able to watch the film with us for free.
My three favourite quotes from The Gentlemen are -
1) "Debt causes chaos." How can you think positively about your financial situation if you have a negative net worth? That cycle of debt has you peddling at breakneck speeds just to be that little bit closer to breaking even.
2) "No good deed goes unpunished" Why is that? Seriously, I struggle with this concept. (They either don't appreciate it, take advantage, get angry, or others gossip about my motives.) I don't know. It's not going to stop me from doing it again.
3) "Do yourself a favour and make yourself happy." Honestly, if you aren't happy with yourself, you will never be happy with anybody else.
My three favourite quotes from The Photograph are -
1) "Sometimes good things take a while to develop." Honestly, I had to wait way so long after my grandsons were born for my granddaughter to arrive. She was well worth the wait.
2) "I'm not used to needing anyone." Truth.
3) "I hope you won't judge me too harshly." Another personal truth that is directed to those that actually know me.
My three quotes from Bombshell are -
1) "Why are you still playing by old rules?" They ARE still playing by the old rules. Don't let the whole #MeToo movement fool you. They may have removed the proverbial casting couch but the criteria for camera worthy is still the same.
2) "All audiences want is authenticity." Again … Ironic. The three leads in this film are all bleached and botoxed. That left me wondering what the definition of "authentic" is that all audiences want.
3) "I don't care if you like me. Only that you believe me." Liking someone infers that we know them. Believing someone implies a level of trust built from knowing them. Personally, I don't care if you like me. I don't care if you believe me. I know my truth.
Standing Up, Falling Down
My three favourite quotes from Standing Up, Falling Down are -
1) "You have to learn to manage your expectations." I hear this all the time. Mainly from people who know I don't take 'no' for an answer.
2) "I don't want you to fix anything." In that case, it's best not to tell me it's broken.
3) "Regret is the only thing that's real." Well maybe it's not the only thing that's real. But it is the only thing that you should "real"ly try to avoid.