My three favourite quotes from The Gentlemen are -
1) "Debt causes chaos." How can you think positively about your financial situation if you have a negative net worth? That cycle of debt has you peddling at breakneck speeds just to be that little bit closer to breaking even.
2) "No good deed goes unpunished" Why is that? Seriously, I struggle with this concept. (They either don't appreciate it, take advantage, get angry, or others gossip about my motives.) I don't know. It's not going to stop me from doing it again.
3) "Do yourself a favour and make yourself happy." Honestly, if you aren't happy with yourself, you will never be happy with anybody else.
My three favourite quotes from The Photograph are -
1) "Sometimes good things take a while to develop." Honestly, I had to wait way so long after my grandsons were born for my granddaughter to arrive. She was well worth the wait.
2) "I'm not used to needing anyone." Truth.
3) "I hope you won't judge me too harshly." Another personal truth that is directed to those that actually know me.
My three quotes from Bombshell are -
1) "Why are you still playing by old rules?" They ARE still playing by the old rules. Don't let the whole #MeToo movement fool you. They may have removed the proverbial casting couch but the criteria for camera worthy is still the same.
2) "All audiences want is authenticity." Again … Ironic. The three leads in this film are all bleached and botoxed. That left me wondering what the definition of "authentic" is that all audiences want.
3) "I don't care if you like me. Only that you believe me." Liking someone infers that we know them. Believing someone implies a level of trust built from knowing them. Personally, I don't care if you like me. I don't care if you believe me. I know my truth.
My three favourite quotes from Standing Up, Falling Down are -
1) "You have to learn to manage your expectations." I hear this all the time. Mainly from people who know I don't take 'no' for an answer.
2) "I don't want you to fix anything." In that case, it's best not to tell me it's broken.
3) "Regret is the only thing that's real." Well maybe it's not the only thing that's real. But it is the only thing that you should "real"ly try to avoid.